Resljeva cesta 48
Humanitas carries out various activities which are thematically and methodologically related to the concept of global learning. Organization runs a Global Education Resource Centrewith specialized library offering diverse materials related to global education. It offers also workshops and seminars for different target groups, mainly school children, students and teachers.
We also organize conferences, round table discussions, outdoor actions, interactive exhibitions and public screenings of socially engaged films. Important part is production of promotional and educational materials (interactive games, manuals…).
Projects carried out in cooperation with African partners are small and indirect. Global education activities are heterogeneous – we implement workshops for school children and students, teacher’s seminars and different public events.
We also run specialized library (operating inside Ljubljana’s municipality library) offering books from different areas such as human rights, interculturalism, globalization, development studies, conflict and peace studies, environment, food and water and active citizenship. We develop pedagogical materials and exhibitions covering areas we work on.
Humanitas is one of the founders of Slovene NGDO platform SLOGA and also coordinates its Global Education working group. We are also active in Policy working group.
Main activities are:
- Workshops for primary and secondary schools and university students,
- Seminars and trainings for teachers and other pedagogical stuff,
- Trainings for individuals and NGOs,
- Training of trainers (inc. peer-to-peer trainings),
- Research on implementation of Global educationin Slovenian schools,
- Coordination of Global educationworking group of Sloga Platform (National platform for development cooperation and humanitarian aid),
- Organization of national and international seminars and events on Global education,
- Cooperation with international Global education experts.